Big Impact Items
- PAINT: A subpar paint can clump, fade, streak or not fully cover the last coat. Set the tone for the room by sourcing a quality paint product without a premium price: look into professional brands marketed to industry experts as opposed to consumer-facing labels, which often command a higher price without improved performance.
- FLOORING: This is the foundation of your room—and being able to clean your floors less means they’ll last longer. Torlys offers flooring with built-in Microban® antimicrobial benefits, protecting your project from mold, mildew and bacteria at a better price point than unprotected brands.
Hardware & Plumbing
- PLUMBING: Poor plumbing is not only expensive but a messy situation that no one wants to be a part of. Danco offers reliable quality plumbing products that have the added benefit of Microban® built-in, stopping stain- and odor-causing bacteria from eroding your project (and keeping everything cleaner in the process!).
- DOOR HANDLES: It’s the first thing your hand makes contact with when entering a room—and makes a first impression on potential buyers. Investing in a Kwikset doorknob with Microban® built-in means less cleaning and less wear-and-tear over time.
- CABINET HANDLES: You don’t have to bust your budget on replacing entire cabinets when a fresh coat of paint and stylish handles can add years to their lifespan—and be the facelift those aged cabinets needed.
- TOILET HANDLES: Installing a Danco handle with built-in antimicrobial properties can lead to picking up less germs and bacteria—which could lead to less doctor visits for your prospective home buyers. Not a bad selling point!
- THROW PILLOWS: These make beautiful accents to brighten up a room and make it feel more like home—or stage the space nicely for buyers. Choosing a brand with built-in Microban® will keep them free from odor- and stain-causing bacteria, preserving the design and making the most of your decorating budget.
- DECORATIVE RUGS: A great way to break up space, add bold pops of color or extra comfort underfoot is with area rugs. Choose a brand that includes defense against the harmful bacteria that can live in the fibers and erode your purchase over time.
- LIGHTING ACCENTS: Add warmth, drama and creative touches throughout a room with under-cabinet lighting and beautiful light switch and outlet covers. These details won’t break your budget, but they’ll be compelling to buyers—and by choosing light switch covers with Microban® antimicrobial protection, for instance, the added value isn’t just a longer product lifespan, it’s knowing that this common touch point is kept cleaner and healthier.
Want to see more DIY tips and home improvement products with the powerful antimicrobial protection of Microban®? Visit us at TheCleanerHome.com, and we’ll help you build more into your next project.