Step Up Your Game with 7 Tailgate Must-Haves
Football season has arrived, and we’re not sad about it. It’s time to start gearing up for the next big game and stocking your cooler for all the pre-game festivities. Maybe you’re a tailgating newbie, or maybe you just need to change up your routine. Whichever team you’re on, get ready to cheer. With the list we’ve put together below, your tailgates are about to be more fun than ever.
1. Rubbermaid Cooler: What’s a tailgate without the food? At 75 quarts, this cooler has the volume and split-lid access you need to store your drinks and keep food fresh all day long. Plus, we can’t get over the extra cup holders on top — an extra place to set your drinks is always a good idea and with built-in antimicrobial protection, you don’t have to worry about the puddles of drinks that might call those cup holders home. Check out these handy cooler packing tips from Cooking Light to help make the most of your cooler space.
2. Party-king portable grill: Table-top grills just won’t cut it this year. Take your grilling to the next level with this easy-to-transfer stand-up grill. It attaches to the trailer hitch of your car, so you’ll save some space inside for extra friends (or more food). Now all you need is a great grill recipe, like these tasty crowd-pleasers.
3. Chef’s Kitchen Barbecue Set: A good tailgate is all about being prepared. This easy-pack apron and tool set is the Swiss knife of tailgate supplies. Did someone say grilling tongs? Got it. Need more salt? Got that too.
4. XCAR Tailgate Tent: Maybe you’ll get lucky with the perfect weather, but most days, no one will complain about a little escape from the sun (or rain). We love that this tent connects to your car, so you won’t ever worry about it blowing away. Plus, it packs up easily in a durable bag so it’s more likely to last until next season… and the next and the next.
5. Official Ladder Golf Game: There’s really no better way to pass the time than with a little healthy competition. Ladder Golf is a tailgating classic for good reason. It’s easy enough to play without setting down your beer but challenging enough to light the competitive fire among your friends. If you’re really serious about it, check out these official game rules.
6. Fusion Tailgating Chair: Let’s hear it for storage, storage and more storage. This chair has all the space you need to enjoy your tailgate in ultimate comfort. With an insulated beer bag and conveniently shelved table, you’ll hardly have to get out of your seat until the game starts.
7. QB54 Chairs: Your tailgate can always use another chair or another fun game. Why not get two in one? These versatile chairs double as mini football goals, so you can get a taste of the spotlight from the parking lot. When you start feeling that chili dog, grab a seat and leave the real game to the pros.