6 DIY Projects to Give Your Home a Spring Face Lift
With the weather warming up, our homes are begging for a breath of fresh air just as much as we are. While completely redecorating for every season can be impractical and expensive, adding in a few easy, DIY projects to your weekly calendar can be a time (and wallet)-friendly alternative to a complete overhaul. To get inspired, check out these six projects from a few of our favorite bloggers to get your home ready for spring.
1. Painted Plates with Mismatched Dishes: Finally, a project that highlights-not-hides those mismatched plates and dishes taking up space in your kitchen cabinets. This easy project will bring a pop of color and uniformity to the entire set. Don’t have any mismatched dishes at home? Visit your local thrift store to pick some up for cheap. (image and project via Design Mom)
2. DIY Wood Bead Chandelier: Spring is all about bringing the warmth of Mother Nature inside. This elegant chandelier uses wood beads to bring an earthy vibe to whatever room you choose to hang it. (Image and project via Designer Trapped in a Lawyer’s Body)
3. 5-minute, 5-dollar DIY Blanket Ladder: The blanket ladder trend is a hot commodity that can be hard to find second hand or at an antique store. The good news is you can indulge in this trend by making your own with minimal effort. This project is perfect for filling that open wall space you haven’t been able to fill and showcase the pretty textiles keeping company warm. (Images and project via Bigger than the Three of Us)
4. DIY Trellis Planter: Beautiful spring updates shouldn’t be exclusive to the indoors. These trellis planters are the stylish solution to adding a touch of privacy to your outdoor space. Plus, most home improvement stores will have various shapes and sizes of trellis to choose from so you can tailor your outdoor space to coordinate with the indoors. (Image and project via Love Grows Wild)
5. DIY Mini Barn Doors: Replacing cabinets is expensive and invasive. If you’ve wanted to ditch your dated cabinets without having to do some serious demolition these mini barn doors are the perfect DIY project for you. These doors add some years to the lifespan of your cabinets and bring them up to date. Not to mention relatively easy and inexpensive. (Images and project via The Painted Hive)
6. DIY Personalized Tea Towels: They might make the perfect hostess gift any time of year, but these personalized tea towels are also a simple way to add a new look to your kitchen or bathroom. (Image and project via Erin Spain)